From: Mikito Harakiri <mikharakiri_at_ywho.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 14:55:21 -0800

"Mikito Harakiri" <mikharakiri_at_ywho.com> wrote in message news:JXc3a.12$yd.87_at_news.oracle.com...
> In general, the whole issue about sets vs. bags might be not important.
What
> if we dismiss tuples altogether? Math frequently takes an operational
> approach, when we are agnostic about the nature of the space and are only
> concerned with space transformations.

Interestingly, the situation for the rows (sorry, tuples;-) resembles the column affair.
Do we allow row duplicates? How do we distinguish them, then? How do we distinguish columns? Is column ordering important? Is row ordering important? Received on Fri Feb 14 2003 - 23:55:21 CET

Original text of this message