Re: Extending my question. Was: The relational model and relationalalgebra - why did SQL become the industry standard?

From: Lauri Pietarinen <>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 00:45:04 +0200

In short, logic and set theory together are only a tiny part of mathematics.
Don't evangelize them.

Well, not being a mathematician,
but having studied some mathematics I was and
still am under the impression that all modern mathematics
is based on set theory which is equivalent with logic.

Here is a quote from Wikipedia

The current dominant mathematical paradigm is based on axiomatic set theory and formal logic. Virtually all mathematical theorems today can be formulated as theorems of set theory. The truth of a mathematical statement, in this view, is then nothing but the claim that the statement can be derived from the axioms of set theory using the rules of formal logic.