Table structure dilemma

From: chris <xnuus_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 24 Jan 2003 07:40:56 -0800

Hi

   Okay Im having a little difficulty in determing in the correct way to structure a table in my database for a problem im working on. It holds holds the price of plane flights which fluctates throughout the year. For instance:

 week 1 = $100
 week 2 = $120
 week 3 = $132
 week 4 = $70

.
.

 week 52 = $115

Okay so I got a table: with the column headings Week and Price

But What if I want to introduce a second type of plane Plane B with a different set of costs eg

Plane B

 week 1 = $200
 week 2 = $320
 week 3 = $232
 week 4 = $170

.
.

 week 52 = $215

what do I do decide to have as the table headings ?

option 1 - have the column headings as Week, Plane_type , Price

or

option 2 - have a column headings Plane type, week1_price, week2_price ... week52_price

option 1 seems right but I would be surely minimising the size of the table with option 2 because I would not need to repeat the week number.

Thanks

Chris Received on Fri Jan 24 2003 - 16:40:56 CET

Original text of this message