Re: Materials for an Advanced Database course

From: This Guy <remo.is_at_hishouse.not>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 17:05:26 -0500

> As an example, I need to catalogue a few hundred
>motors. Each is identical in specification (and interchangeble).

Weak example: motors have serial numbers. However, let's say yours don't; you describe a classic spare parts scenario, where only "type" and "quantity" matter, so artificial keys are needed only if the value of your spare part is such that "shrinkage" would affect you.

But your other examples are real good challenges, I like 'em.

-Remo   Received on Wed Jan 22 2003 - 23:05:26 CET

Original text of this message