Re: ERD Case Studies - begging recommendation ~

From: Barry <barryw_at_databaseanswers.com>
Date: 20 Jan 2003 14:30:58 -0800

"Ann Terrell" <annterrell_at_attbi.com> wrote in message news:<%kHW9.55624$hl1.5693_at_sccrnsc04>...
> Hi - I am not an expert with design theory - and am looking for examples
> with ERDs or db schemes - so recommendations of books, online resources
> would be greatly appreciated.
>
> In particular, I am looking for how to approach designing a db for
> tournaments, chess tournaments, other types of tournaments with matches
> between groups of 2 individuals, taking place over a number of days -
I have created a Data Model for you on this page of my Database Answers Web Site :-

http://www.databaseanswers.com/data_models/chess_tournaments/index.htm

If you go to the Data Models page, you will also find links to Models for Golf Tournaments and for Athletics Events that you can review for comparison.

I recommend that you review the 'Business Rules' or Facts behind the Model I have created.These define the assumptions I have made and you should advise me where they are wrong so that I can correct the Model accordingly.

For example, I have assumed that a Player can be a Member of only one Chess Club at a time. Is this correct ?

Barry Williams
Principal Consultant
Database Answers Received on Mon Jan 20 2003 - 23:30:58 CET

Original text of this message