Re: Help finding natural keys

From: Finarfin <finarfin_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 18:54:32 -0500

--CELKO-- wrote:

> SSN gets used for driver's licence numbers, college id numbers,
> etc.
> in many states. One problem with it is that there are a lot of
> duplicates, thanks to errors and illegal immigrants.

Hello Mr. Celko:

A second problem with SSN's is that in many instances, a person is perfectly within their rights to say "None of Your Business" if you ask what it is. I'm guessing that a hospital could fall under that category. Certainly retail would. I know I refuse to divulge mine (actually SIN in Canada) unless the person asking can show where they have statute permission to ask.

John Eggert Received on Sun Jan 19 2003 - 00:54:32 CET

Original text of this message