Re: oracle sequence numbers

From: Pablo Sanchez <pablo_at_dev.null>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 21:40:14 -0600

tonkuma_at_jp.ibm.com (Tokunaga T.) wrote in news:8156d9ae.0301161913.4c8230b5_at_posting.google.com:

> Microsoft's "SQL Server Books Online: Transact-SQL Reference" says
>
> [ snipped ]
>
> timestamp is used typically as a mechanism for version-stamping table
> rows.

Exactly. I'm not sure what the point of your follow-on post was though. I think I clearly showed that Sybase ASE and SQL Server 2000 both behave as I originally posted and the above documentation simply documents how the systems perform. Soooooooooooo, I'm not sure what your point was/is? Was it to show that SQL Server and Sybase ASE are not in line with SQL-92? Sybase has been around way before SQL-92.

--
Pablo Sanchez, High-Performance Database Engineering
http://www.hpdbe.com