Re: UML vs. ER modelling (long)

From: abcd <abcd_68_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: 1 Jan 2003 08:48:16 -0800

> Does all this extra data structure help the business in any way?

The short answer is: Yes. The DB schema is complicated because the company's business is complicated. Actually, they achieved market leadership exactly thanks to their unparalleled commercial flexibility.

As to the atomicity of the business processes, I of course agree with you. However, IMHO the problem is not that we want to save every object in every possible state, but the intrinsic complexity of the domain model, at least from a data point of view.

Cheers,
andy Received on Wed Jan 01 2003 - 17:48:16 CET

Original text of this message