ETL whitepaper

From: Timothy O'Ryan <ttoryan_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 16:46:16 -0500

I am looking for information on common ETL methods and practices used in populating a data warehouse. I am looking for established ways of moving different types of data from an operational database into a warehouse, using freely available tools such as SQL, PL/SQL (for Oracle), and Perl w/DBI. I want to learn this method before looking at commercial tools.

I have seen some high-level data warehousing information, but have been unable to find more detailed ETL material (Google brings back too much unrelated stuff -- perhaps I'm just asking the wrong questions). Is there a good source for this, or a mail list that covers such?

Thanks,
Timothy
ttoryan_at_hotmail.com Received on Sat Dec 07 2002 - 22:46:16 CET

Original text of this message