Creating MY own database with C++ and of course WinAPI

From: holych_at_pin <holy&chap_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 23:01:27 -0800

How would I do this? My own text file of records. Maybe a CD collection:

ITEM # 1 Carpenter, Mary Chapin|Hometown Girl|CBS Records|1987

  1. A Lot Like Me
  2. Other Streets and Other Towns
  3. Blah Blah...

ITEM # 2 Carpenter, Mary Chapin|State of the Heart|CBS Records|1989

  1. How Do
  2. Something of A Dreamer.
  3. Blah Blah...

I would like to have a program that would allow the user to type in these titles (ENTER ARTIST NAME (last, first) ), (ENTER CD TITLE:). And then you could also add a picture of the CD artwork, sound clips, etc).

I know it would require WinAPI to create Windows..and I'm learning it..and I know some major things about C++. However I don't want to use Access or MySQL or any of that stuff..I just want to use a txt file or several txtfiles, maybe database.dat or something.

I know it would require looping, WinAPI, parsing, saving to the file, searching, etc.

If you have any ideas please help. Thanks. ~Jared Received on Sat Nov 30 2002 - 08:01:27 CET

Original text of this message