Re: Hons Degree Project Problem

From: Tobin Harris <comedyharris_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 23:39:16 -0000

This isn't necessarily a database theory question, but here's a few comments anyway...

Sorry, but I don't know much about this field, but have you tried searching Google? "algorithm comparing strings similarity" bought up a few interesting options, the first 2 I tried seemed relevant...

  1. http://cbrg.inf.ethz.ch/Darwin/darwin.1.6/darwin-1.6_html/node13.html
  2. http://mini.net/tcl/3070

Even better, searching for "algorithm detect plagiarism" bought up many responses, including code samples. I'd be sure not to rob these, or if you do give full credit. Also, follow the resarch trail to make sure you can justify their applicability.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!

Tobin