XML Deprogram Effort

From: McKinley <therandthem_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 Nov 2002 10:28:26 -0800

After using recent XML technology I am shocked at what some of us are accepting. XML has no data model and depends on disconnected technologies for schema and data typing. I am starting to think that the only thing XML has going for it is cool technology like XPath and XSLT. Processing XML is easier than processing relational data becuase of these new tools.

So, I would like to create a set of technology to make work with relation data transforms much easier. It will probably use Dataphor for the underlying API. I want to have something like XPath as a quick, inline shorthand query language. Then I would like to create a template language like XSLT that can provide matches on relational data and then tranform the data.

Does anyone have any comments on this? Received on Wed Nov 20 2002 - 19:28:26 CET

Original text of this message