Re: database design method

From: D Guntermann <guntermann_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 22:39:17 GMT

I see many advantages of value-based object identifiers, perhaps in such areas as identification (obvious), intrinsic ordering/mapping, as well as copies (deep versus shallow) of values and redundancy detection mechanisms. However, how would this be useful in a truly platform-independent, distributed datastore system? Is there a global mechanism for both generation and reconcilation of object identifiers - even if they avoid pointers and are based on value?

Thanks,

Dan

"Jan Hidders" <hidders_at_REMOVE.THIS.uia.ua.ac.be> wrote in message news:3dd59681$1_at_news.uia.ac.be...
> Lauri Pietarinen wrote:

[snip]