Why 3FN is so strict?

From: Juan Pardillos <sicotom_at_eresmas.com>
Date: 17 Nov 2002 09:30:26 -0800

Hi,

I don't understand why in 3NF an indirect dependency of a key attribute with respect to another key attribute is not considered a transitive dependency. That would imply that 3NF equals BCNF. I think is very strange the way in which the original definition of 3FN was limited.

Any ideas?.

Thanks in advance Received on Sun Nov 17 2002 - 11:30:26 CST