Re: Hotel Booking dates subquery

From: Jan Hidders <hidders_at_REMOVE.THIS.uia.ua.ac.be>
Date: 11 Nov 2002 02:05:25 +0100

Scotty wrote:

>Your test data has a big problem in that you have the same room being
>used on conflicting dates:

That is irrelevant because in this test we are only looking if periods overlap. The room number is immaterial for that. If it makes you nervous anyway you can renumber them 1 through 6. Please turn your brain back on because otherwise you will learn nothing and your instructor won't like that.

>I'm curious to ask whether you think the theory behind my query works
>or not, given test data that reasonable constraints would allow.

Run the test and you will know. If it finds the right bookings your theory is correct, if it doesn't it's false.

  • Jan Hidders