Re: super type & sub type, interested too

From: Jayne Heger <hegerthehorrible_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 00:02:59 +0000

Yasaswi Pulavarti wrote:

> I have successfully created a super type and 4 subtypes. How do I
> populate the tables with my application? Do I just ignore the super
> type table and populate the sub type tables? Let me know.
> Thanks,
> Yasaswi

What database application are you using to do this? (Oracle or MySQL) I ask as I'm going to have to do the same soon, funnily enough with one supertype and 4 subtypes! - I would imagine that as long as you have referntial integrity, i.e. foreign key values in, then it should be ok, although I don't know as I haven't done this yet.

Hopefully someone will be able to help us!

Jayne

--
Please do not reply to this address as I never check it!
Please reply to the newsgroup