Re: relational tables and objects

From: Alfredo Novoa <alfredo_at_nospam_ncs.es>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 22:58:57 GMT

On 1 Nov 2002 17:21:52 +0100, hidders_at_REMOVE.THIS.uia.ua.ac.be (Jan Hidders) wrote:

>Of course, but in this case we were not talking about a shared data bank and
>probably not even a large one. If in addition to that your data is always in
>memory and there is no ad-hoc access, then I am beginning to have my doubts.

It may be ad-hoc accessed from the application code.

Ad-hoc is not the same as not hardcoded.

It is true that it is not a shared data bank, but the easy of manage of the relational data banks may be useful here, including the automatic optimization of access data paths.

It is easier to manage a relation of space invaders than a linked list of them.

Alfredo Received on Fri Nov 01 2002 - 23:58:57 CET

Original text of this message