Re: Business-logic in 3-tier architecture

From: Lauri Pietarinen <lauri.pietarinen_at_atbusiness.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 15:08:35 +0300

> Having said that, I share your wish, only slightly differently: Wouldn't
> it be nice if the constraints (rules, if you will)
> could be expressed in a conceptual model of the enterprise, extracted when
> needed to a model of the application and
> from there replicated to the database, and also to the client software, and
> have constraints enforced where it makes the most sense (perhaps in more
> than one place)?

Agree. Only that I think that the focal point of all integrity constraints is the database. And I would like the system to dynamically figure out where to enforce which constraint. Say bank account formal validation in client and access rights, existence etc. on server?

Lauri Received on Sat Oct 26 2002 - 14:08:35 CEST

Original text of this message