Re: Business-logic in 3-tier architecture

From: mountain man <prfbrown_at_magna.com.au>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 19:24:51 +1000

"Alfredo Novoa" <alfredo_at_nospam_ncs.es> wrote in message news:3da8c02f.15815841_at_news.wanadoo.es...
> On Sun, 13 Oct 2002 10:35:20 +1000, "mountain man"

...[trim]...

That is an "if" ----- not all sites use middleware. But if it is required, then I agree that it is best housed within an (R)DBMS.

> >Application development occurs entirely within the
> >(R)DBMS environment using stored procedures.
>
> It is not necessarily true. Stored procedures may be avoided using a
> declarative language.

In the product I have developed there is no requirement for any middleware whatsoever --- therefore no requirement for any form of meta-language apart from the SQL stored procedure in the native (R)DBMS.

These, if used wisely, are found
sufficient for all needs. Why
complicate things?

--