Re: multiple database dilemma

From: JRStern <JXSternChangeX2R_at_gte.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 05:27:30 GMT

On 19 Aug 2002 17:34:11 -0700, dockersblack_at_hotmail.com (tim erickson) wrote:
>Now the problem is; think of 50 of these branches. Exactly the
>same database structure would be required. My dilemma is;
> 1. I can add a branchID field inside every table
> 2. I can create a seperate DB for each branch.
>
>Let me not forget to mention that the queries are not
>multidatabase queries.

Let the database engine earn its keep - take option #1. Properly constructed PKs and a gig of RAM on the server should handle a few hundred queries a day without any problem.

Now, if you were having to handle a few hundred queries a *minute*, you might have reason to worry about things.

J. Received on Thu Aug 22 2002 - 07:27:30 CEST

Original text of this message