Re: New Database Engine Design

From: Jan.Hidders <hidders_at_hcoss.uia.ac.be>
Date: 20 Aug 2002 11:54:25 +0200

In article <ZOP79.11078$l62.1980_at_nwrddc02.gnilink.net>, Stede Troisi <stede.troisi_at_verizon.net> wrote:
>Does anyone know where I can find information on building my OWN RDBMS?

A book that is often mentioned:

  System Implementation by Hector Garcia-Molina, Jeffrey D. Ullman, Jennifer Widom

I haven't read the book myself but previous books by these authors were excellent and their scientific work is outstanding. Judging from the index it treats the important subjects in reasonable depth.

  • Jan Hidders