Re: theoretical question on the RDBMS

From: mountain man <prfbrown_at_magna.com.au>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 11:24:04 +1000

"Paul Vernon" <paul.vernon_at_ukk.ibmm.comm> wrote in message news:aj0pfr$m80$2_at_sp15at20.hursley.ibm.com...
> >Do you think the day will arive when it will be possible to store
> internal
> >to the RDBMS not only the database(s) but also 100% of the application
> >code?
>
> Yes.
>
> When? In about 40 years :-)

Does this mean that if I claim to have developed a method of doing this today that you will be sceptical of my claim? ;-)

> I suggest you read 'What Not How' by (who else) but Chris Date.
>
> Regards
> Paul Vernon
> Business Intelligence, IBM Global Services

I took a look at some of the material on this. Good stuff, and the sign post is towards the inside of the RDBMS.

BTW, did the 40 years thing come from
Chris Date?

Best wishes,

Farmer Brown
Falls Creek, OZ Received on Sat Aug 10 2002 - 03:24:04 CEST

Original text of this message