Re: theoretical question on the RDBMS

From: mountain man <prfbrown_at_magna.com.au>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 10:49:33 +1000

"Jan.Hidders" <hidders_at_hcoss.uia.ac.be> wrote in message news:3d53c9e4_at_news.uia.ac.be...
> In article <MFO49.2547$g9.9101_at_newsfeeds.bigpond.com>,
> mountain man <prfbrown_at_magna.com.au> wrote:
> >
> >Do you think the day will arive when it will be possible to store
internal
> >to the RDBMS not only the database(s) but also 100% of the application
> >code?
>
> It already has, that's called an application server. :-)

That's a funny joke!!
But getting really serious, dude,
I think that seems to be the way
of the present environment.

> Note, btw., that at the same time there are also some other contrary
trends
> such as moving bussiness logic to a (or the) middle tier or even to the
> Javascript that your browser executes. Real scary stuff from a
maintentance
> point of view.
>
> -- Jan Hidders

Yeah. Capital "RSS". And that is without taking a peek into the bag of change management.

<shudder> ;-)

That is why I have been working away at a product to remove application servers and all desktop code scattered around an RDBMS.

Farmer Brown
Falls Creek, OZ Received on Sat Aug 10 2002 - 02:49:33 CEST

Original text of this message