Re: Millionth Mindpixel Created Today!

From: Arthur T. Murray <mentifex_at_scn.org>
Date: 6 Aug 2002 06:17:29 -0700

David Kinny moderator of news:comp.ai wrote on 6 Aug 2002: > In <bdd8cc1e.0208051251.70ed5c51_at_posting.google.com> > chris_at_mindpixel.com (Christopher McKinstry) writes:

KCM:
>> Today at 05:15 am PST, one of our mindpixelers (user ID 146)
>> entered the millionth Mindpixel--and it is beautiful!

ATM:
Shades of Hippocrates!

KCM:
>> "One should always strive to do no harm."

DNK:
> Great. Now you can open that fortune cookie business you dream of.

ATM:
Well, they're doing a similar project at the MIT Media Lab: http://commonsense.media.mit.edu/cgi-bin/info.cgi -- details.

Then there is the Public Domain Knowledge Bank at http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdkb -- Seth et al.

http://www.cyc.com -- see also the Cyc ontology and http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencyc/ -- son of Cyc.

KCM:
>> I am just trying to contact this user now to get permission
>> to release his name to the media, and to invite him here to
>> talk about what he thinks about the project. As you can tell
>> from his low user ID, he's been with us since day one and
>> has made a significant effort to this project.

DNK:
> Poor deluded fool.

ATM:
http://www.robotwisdom.com/ai/mckinstry.html lies before me here as a ten-page print-out from my dossier on Jorn Barger.

KCM:
>> The millionth Mindpixel came almost exactly 30 months late. My
>> original prediction in my paper in Canadian Artificial Intelligence
>> (http://www.mindpixel.com/chris/Books/MIST/mist.html) which I
>> wrote in December of 1995, was to have it by January 1st, 2000.

>> I am extremely happy to finally see it! Way to go everyone!

?? http://www.mindpixel.com [URL reinstated by ATM]

DNK:

> Mckinstry, you've still got no clue how to do anything useful with
> your collection of factoids.  Your only contribution to AI has been
> to remind us how gullible the technical press can be.

ATM:
http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/mind4th.html -- Mind.Forth AI recently acquired its first-ever ability to ask questions. An AI that may thus increase its own knowledge base (KB) is a prime candidate not only to take the place of Web projects that invite hordes of users to enter ideas but also to absorb, swallow and grok any and all Web ontologies such as the venerable Cyc project and the abortive KB sites. http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/jsaimind.html -- for MSIE. Received on Tue Aug 06 2002 - 15:17:29 CEST

Original text of this message