Re: Not sure about this design concept

From: GoranG <no_at_spam.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 19:00:22 +0200

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002 23:12:56 +1000, "Graham Bellamy" <dontwriteme_at_ask.first.com> wrote:

>The wierd thing with this concept is that by specifying the ContainerID, this *implies* a
>particular Material due to the 1-m relationship between tblMaterials and tblContainers. So
>does this mean that I only need this the following?
>tblIngredientContainers(QuoteID<fk>, ContainerID<fk>)
The only wierd thing (that I have grasped so far) is to call this table tblIngredientContainers, when it is actually tblQuoteContainers (using proposed notation).

What do you use containers for? To present possible containers for a material or to calculate actual price? If these are used for actual price calculation then you should allow for different containers within a quote, and this design doesn't.

Finaly - is this homework?

( GoranG79 AT hotmail.com ) Received on Wed Jul 31 2002 - 19:00:22 CEST

Original text of this message