Re: How to implement OOP in a relational data model ?

From: --CELKO-- <71062.1056_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 28 Jul 2002 15:01:05 -0700

>> Once responsibilities have been defined or set up for a user, we
would like to be able to allow the user to delegate certain/all of their responsibilities for identified business processes to someone else. They might also want to define threshold levels or caps for certain responsibilties <<

A company in Boston uses my nested set model for a portal system. Basically, they copy the org chart into Nested set tree table, then attach nodes that define the activity and priveleges each user has. So at the root, email is set to "inherit" for the entire organization, but a particular user of sub-group can have their email specifically set to "deny" (Remember Fred and that porno spam thing?)

Since you are vague about "threshold levels or caps for certain responsibilties", thjat is abouyt as far as I can go. And if you want more help, it sounds like a consulting job, not a newsgroup posting. Received on Mon Jul 29 2002 - 00:01:05 CEST

Original text of this message