Re: Approximate structural search in trees

From: JRStern <JXSternChangeX2R_at_gte.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2002 02:12:16 GMT

On Fri, 05 Jul 2002 19:03:34 +0200, Kai.Grossjohann_at_CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai =?iso-8859-15?q?Gro=DFjohann?=) wrote:
>As an example, suppose the query is looking for a node labeled A
>which has a sibling labeled B. Now suppose there is no tree which
>has this, but there is a tree where a node labeled A has a cousin
>labeled B. Then I'd like the query to find this tree.

I don't have any handy literature pointers, but I'll pay you a cyber-nickel if you can give a few details on just what any of this buys in applications terms.

Would it not be likely that the scoring metric in comparison would have something to do with the semantics of the application, as well as the tree/syntax?

Joshua Stern Received on Sat Jul 06 2002 - 04:12:16 CEST

Original text of this message