Re: Bad idea?

From: Stu <smcgouga_at__at_yaho.com_>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 09:08:26 +0100

I like users to enter their data through pick lists so the data is consistent. If I let them enter free hand (e.g. textbox) you end up with Chrysler, crysler, crisler, crislyar etc. So I don't just build pick lists from select distinct field from table, I prefer to have a table for each pick list (or in this case combine them into one table.)

100 is probably closer to 10-20 when i
think about it! 10-20 pick lists/combos does not sound very much but if you compare it to my main entities, of which i have 3 or 4.....

cheers
stu