How to make a informationmodel for a database?

From: Frederique van Amelaan <frederiquevanamelaan_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 24 Jun 2002 02:08:01 -0700

Hi newsgroup,

I have to make a model for a database and I'm not thát familiar with modelling (a realy little(!) knowledge of NIAM and ER). I think to use ORM, but I am not sure, because I have to make a model for a laboratory which means I have to make a model for a database for saving testresults and identification of the testproducts.

If I have to do model all these different tests in ORM, it will take a lot of time (writing out things like: Test <t> should preformed when testpruct <TP> is available etc.).

I prefer ORM, because I have some knowledge with NIAM.

My concrete questions:
- is it the right choise to going to use ORM?

  • does somebody has got a similar laboratory case? Tell me you experience please
  • are there good study examples in ORM (and visiomodeler) of certain (for me) complex cases I can use for study?

Kind regards,
Frederique van Amelaan

frederiquevanamelaan_at_hotmail.com Received on Mon Jun 24 2002 - 11:08:01 CEST

Original text of this message