Re: The Foundation of OO (XDb)

From: James <jraustin1_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 15 Jun 2002 05:13:05 -0700

"Bob Badour" <bbadour_at_golden.net> wrote in message news:<Q_zO8.358$Dw1.51783809_at_radon.golden.net>...
> "James" <jraustin1_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Considering the amount of existing confusion + my redefintions,
> > your suggestions to use new vocabulary seem more appealing....
> > What word can I use instead of an object?
>
> Would "record" describe what your product uses?

I have come to the conclusion that my model is NOT the OO or Relational Model.
And that my attempt to describe it as such requires hi-jacking the OO/Relational concepts and vocabulary which has resulted in a lot of confusion for everyone. As you have indicated the Relational Model has sound mathematical theory behind it and I have none. Therefore I will rename my model and vocabulary and present it separately from OO or Relational. Received on Sat Jun 15 2002 - 14:13:05 CEST

Original text of this message