Re: The Foundation of OO (XDb)

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne_at_acm.org>
Date: 15 Jun 2002 05:16:13 GMT

jraustin1_at_hotmail.com (James) wrote:

>> > For the freedom of making isolated copies of an object,
>> > the loss of property and method inheritance seems costly in the
>> > general case, but may be advantages in certain circumstances, i think.
>>
>> Prototype-based languages, such as Self and Cecil, allow property and
>> method inheritance.
>
> I guess a copy has a reference back to it class then?
> Or maybe our definition of class is different.

No, it looks like you didn't read the quote. Try looking again. In case you can't see it up above, let me reiterate:

  "The Self language doesn't have any classes."

There being no such thing as a class, there can't be a reference back to something that does not exist, such as a class.

--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "gro.mca_at_" "enworbbc"))
http://cbbrowne.com/info/sgml.html