Re: Coping with Ingredients

From: Albert D. Kallal <kallal_at_msn.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 01:11:55 GMT

"Graham Bellamy" <dontwriteme_at_ask.first.com> wrote in message news:ae8hnu$6re$1_at_perki.connect.com.au...
> Yes, I was thinking of doing that. However I must have the ability of
being able to change
> the rate for any ingredient. So I'm thinking of having a SuggestedAppRate
field in
> tblMaterials, and an AppRate field in tblIngredients, and setting the
default value of
> AppRate to that of SuggestedAppRate, so that it can be accepted in normal

Why do you have to use the default from the properties sheet? I fact, I would avoid using them in your case. Just put code in the after update event for that field, and then via code just place (stuff) the value into the field. You could even have a field with a particular "type", and the after update code would only trigger on certain type of units.

--
Albert D. Kallal
Edmonton, Alberta Canada