Re: The Foundation of OO (XDb)

From: Michael N. Christoff <mchristoff_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 11:54:53 -0400

"James" <jraustin1_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:a6e74506.0206110733.17c6a626_at_posting.google.com...
> The object is the fundamental atomic thing.
> An object can represents anything: a number, a word, a person, a car,
> a sound, a picture, a movie, a smell, a feeling, an idea, etc.

> An object can have instances.

An object IS an instance.

> An instance is an object that has a class.

There's no such thing as an object without a class.

> A class is an object that has instances.

A class is not an object.

I think for you a review of basic OOP is in order...unless...you use aome language I'm not familiar with where they use the terms the way you do (??)

l8r, Mike N. Christoff Received on Tue Jun 11 2002 - 17:54:53 CEST

Original text of this message