Re: Selecting rows near a particular row

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_golden.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 00:33:17 -0400

"Rasel Khan" <rasel.khan_at_corp.vizzavi.net> wrote> Hi,

> I want to list items near a particular item in an indexed database,
> e.g. if the items are ordered into
>
> a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j ...
>
> and I am looking for 'f'
>
> then I want the rows representing e,f,g or e,g,h if f does not exist,

You lost me with the "e,g,h". Why not "d,e,g" ? Or "e,g" ?

It looks like you want some variation of a quota query, but I am not sure which variation of which quota.

Is it something like the "greatest lesser and the two following" ?

Why do you need to do this?

As an aside:
You can ignore those who are too arrogantly dense to realise that data have order even when the logical structure containing them imposes no implicit order of its own. Received on Fri Jun 07 2002 - 06:33:17 CEST

Original text of this message