Re: normalisation

From: Bob Hairgrove <rhairgroveNoSpam_at_Pleasebigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 14:52:59 GMT

>[SNIP]
>When a client makes a booking for a car, we store the
>following information for the booking:
>[SNIP] ... date delivered, date due back ... [SNIP]<

Instead of "date due back", it might be better to store "rental period days". Then one could calculate the due date (you'd need to account for weekends and holidays, though).

Usually you rent a car for one of a number of fixed time periods, the rate depending on how long (i.e. it's cheaper per day to rent a car for a week than 7 times the rate for a single day).

Bob Hairgrove
rhairgroveNoSpam_at_Pleasebigfoot.com Received on Sat Apr 27 2002 - 16:52:59 CEST

Original text of this message