Re: Relational Database Searching

From: Carlos Bromanski <cbroman_at_shpamcore.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 20:28:38 -0500

I assume by "recordset" you mean an ADO or DAO recordset.

For such a nonspecific requirement, perhaps you should provide a graphical query-builder tool. That would let a user "basically search the database for any information, in any of the tables with any conditions".

MS-Access is such a query-builder tool that you could script and get a recordset. Other software I know of is RapidSQL from Embarcadero or R&R Report Writer SQL Edition from Liveware, but I don't know if their stuff will return you a recordset.

Don't reinvent the wheel.
- cb