Re: Hierarchical databases and semistructured data

From: Morten <morten_at_kikobu.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 20:08:35 +0100

Thank you for the helpful reply.

Jan Hidders wrote:

<snip/>

> The book I like the most is "Data on the Web" by Abiteboul, Buneman and
> Suciu. All three top-researchers in the field of database theory. For
> tutorials see:
> - S. Abiteboul, "Querying semistructured data", In ICDT 1997.
> - P. Buneman, "Semistructured data", PODS 1997.
> - D. Suciu, "An overview of semistructured data", SIGACT News, 29(4):28-38,
> December 1998

Incidentally, I have the book and Buneman's semistructured data article. Their models for semistructured data bring up another question. Do you happen to know if this model has changed - or if there are just several ways of expressing the same model. The mismatch is illustrated by the figure in the article, and the figure on page 33 in the book, basically the leaves of the tree in the book have value, whereas they are "void" in the article, but have a label of a "type" (rather than a symbol I assume)

Thanks,

Morten Received on Wed Feb 20 2002 - 20:08:35 CET

Original text of this message