Re: JDO comparisons

From: Eric Samson <eric.samson_at_libelis.com>
Date: 19 Feb 2002 01:09:55 -0800

Hi Carl

So it seems that most of your problems with JDO are in JDO QL. So why don't you enter the JDO group to discuss your opinion and try to make things going in the right direction ?

About your remarks on performance: as a DBMS vendor you perfectly know where the bottlenecks come from.
This is not always the case for most O/R mapping tool vendors.

We, at LIBeLIS, are also former DBMS vendor employees, and yes we think that performance will be a key point between JDO implementations (while APIs are fully standardized).

Best Regards, Received on Tue Feb 19 2002 - 10:09:55 CET

Original text of this message