Re: identity columns

From: John <ru_re_re_move_zel_at_ecl_re_re_move_ipse.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 20:52:50 -0500

>Then you shouldn't argue that his

> rules don't work because they are incompatible with yours - but rather
> that you prefer yours for reasons 1, 2 etc

I'm really just trying to figure out the best way to name database tables. I'm not sure it's a compatability issue, If I pick one set of rules over another
I'm not doing it because that's what I prefer, I'm choosing those rules on the
basis of how it will make my project run smoothly in the long haul, for everybody involved.

There doesn't seem to be a common concensus on this naming issue, so in this case it seems as if you have to just pick one way or the other. It's not like indenting your code - everybody knows that's important and chooses
to indent over not indenting. This naming debate seems like it will linger on for a while
before there is a generally accepted way of doing it. Received on Wed Feb 06 2002 - 02:52:50 CET

Original text of this message