Re: Upper Case in keywords.

From: Larry Coon <larry_at_assist.org>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 07:52:48 -0800

David Cressey wrote:

> And I think it's as you say. By having the data names in upper case, my
> attention is drawn to those
> things I really need to see.
>
> I'll note in passing that all the keywords in "C" are in lower case. So by
> adopting a "keywords in lower case" convention, you do a little less mental
> shifting when you switch back and forth.. Is this also true of Java?

Another point -- since data names are often multiple words strung together, the names are often more readable if mixed case is used. If you force data names to upper case, it may be more difficult to read.

Larry Coon
University of California
larry_at_assist.org
and lmcoon_at_home.com Received on Mon Feb 04 2002 - 16:52:48 CET

Original text of this message