problem calculate the size of berkerley db

From: jeff <jeff_at_mycameo.com>
Date: 28 Jan 2002 04:40:43 -0800

I am using Berkeley DB ver3.3 for python on win2000 professional. I am opening berkeley DB using hashing method and store data in various size.
I found that its difficult to get the size of DB before sync to the disk.
it seems in-accurated to calculate by using stat() api. the outcome is danger because we sync some data, which are more than the disk space we have.
The whole system may hang.
Another problem is once the db is created, it just keep growing in size no matter whether the data is being removed. it will soon run out of disk space.
I am not sure if these are the limitation of Berkeley DB. Received on Mon Jan 28 2002 - 13:40:43 CET

Original text of this message