Re: which database design should I use ?

From: SlickWillie <hey_at_ya.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 19:46:56 -0500

the thing to figure out is - is an order associated with every child from a given node down in the project tree?

if an OO DB is not an option - then you have to first solve how to store the project info.
granted - sql databases aren't really good with hierarchical information - that said -
you could have a table like "ProjectTree" with 2 columns: ProjectNumber, ProjectNumberParent

at this point you could still just store ProjectNumber in the Order table -