Re: 2NF and 3NF obsolete ???

From: André Gamache <andre.gamache_at_ift.ulaval.ca>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 22:09:01 -0500

Hi Frederic,
The problem, to pursue your logic will be to prove that no others FD but those with a key on left side exists when the key is a composite one. If all of your keys are made up of one attribute, then there is no problem iff you can prove that no others complex keys does exists. To do so, you have to rely on covert of FD.
AG