Re: Designing RDBMSs?

From: Art Pollard <pollarda_at_lextek.com>
Date: 25 Nov 2001 12:20:51 -0600

"Paul Linehan" <linehanp_at_tcd.ie> wrote in message news:3bf96962.100328094_at_news.tcd.ie...

> I know that this newsgroup is generally about designing databases, in
> the sense of how should my tables be organised? What I am trying to do
> is to read about how to design an RDBMS itself.

Well, this group used to originally be about designing databases from scratch (i.e., C/C++ implementations) and comp.databases was about using them and table design. In the last few years, the trend has been away from this and towards table design and such which I consider to be more a use of databases issue rather than theory.

A good idea of what this newsgroup was originally about and intended for can still be seen in comp.theory but applied towards database implementation.

-Art Received on Sun Nov 25 2001 - 19:20:51 CET

Original text of this message