Re: give me some advice

From: Paul Linehan <linehanp_at_tcd.ie>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 09:47:10 GMT

samhello_at_163.com (Sam) wrote:

> 71062.1056_at_compuserve.com (--CELKO--) wrote in message news:<c0d87ec0.0111220954.9086733_at_posting.google.com>...
> > Look up the Ingres project papers at U.C. Berkeley. They were pretty
> > good about publishing their work.

> thank u Mr. CELKO and Mr.Paul Linehan
> more help is desirable.

This was posted by somebody else in response to a query by me.

Book: "Database Design" by Gio Wiederhold. What he's writing about is how to design a DBMS, itself, not how to design an application to run on one. And even this book doesn't go heavily enough into the vital role played by the data dictionary/catalogue/system tables in relational DBMS.

also

You say you only want 'some theoretical background' , well if you want _all_ the theoretical background then Date and Darwen's 'Foundation for Future Database Systems: The Third Manifesto' is to only way to go

Rgs.

Paul...

--
Paul Linehan

plinehan at yahoo dot com/linehanp at tcd dot ie

I drink to keep body and
soul apart - O. Wilde.

"Mens sana in campari soda" - anon.