Re: use of Mixed DB types.

From: Carl Rosenberger <carl_at_db4o.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 18:32:16 +0100

Ray Cassick wrote:
> I see examples quite often where people say that a OO Database would work
> better for one situation than another, or vice versa... Has anyone done any
> design patterns that took advantage of BOTH types of databases (OO and
> Relational) within the same solution? Is this feasible?

Ray,

some object database vendors offer "write through" modes, and/or replication to/from relational databases.

With this approach you should theoretically be able to get the best of both worlds. In practice all the solutions I have seen lack functionality and maturity.

Kind regards,
Carl

---
Carl Rosenberger