Re: data modeling

From: Bill MacLean <billmaclean_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 06:49:56 GMT

Try www.orm.net This site is run by Dr. Terry Halpin, who is one of the fathers of Object Role Modeling (ORM). ORM is an alternatie to E-R modeling that I think is a superior method for a number of reasons that I won't go into right now, other than to say that I think ORM is a fantastic way to communicate with users, gather requirements, and turn business needs into a database structure. I have been using the method in my practice for a number of years now, and I'm completely sold on it.

Dr. Halpin now works for Microsoft, and the Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Architect is going to include a very substantial datamodeling tool that is ORM compatible.

Thanks,

Bill