Re: What're the differences betwen OO database and relational databases?

From: <D_at_B.A>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 18:54:30 GMT

In article <9osvua$p39$01$1_at_news.t-online.com>, Carl Rosenberger says...

>soda <soda4u2_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
>> I only learn relational databases at school, Object Oriented database
>> was virtually unknown then. I've tried to find out but it would be
>> easier to ask you folks what you think. Does OO database goes faster?
>> Easier to maintain?
>

>Hi Soda,
>your name and email address are quite interesting. Is this a flamebait mail?
>
>http://groups.google.com/groups?as_usubject=soda&as_uauthors=carl_at_db4o.com
>
>http://www.odbms.org/soda/

Essentially, the debate reduces to "What your favorite programming model is?" Procedural (with objects), Relational, or maybe Functional? For relationists a particular procedural language is not that important (what is Java, just enhanced FORTRAN?) to be too concerned about language binding. Received on Wed Sep 26 2001 - 20:54:30 CEST

Original text of this message