Re: E-R model for thesauri

From: Chris <ccleveland_nospam_at_dieselpoint.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 13:04:55 -0500

> Only if this was a non .edu question...
>
> > Can anybody point me in the direction of a url containing an
> > entity-relationship model for representing a thesaurus?

I'm a non-.edu type, and I'd be curious to hear a good answer. An obvious answer is a single flat table like this:

word (not case-sensitive, not stemmed)
synonyms (comma-separated list)

Just look up the word, get the synonyms, and add them to the query.

Surely, though, there is a more sophisticated answer... Received on Mon Sep 03 2001 - 13:04:55 CDT