Re: Clean Object Class Design -- Circle/Ellipse

From: Richard MacDonald <macdonaldrj_at_att.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 06:04:34 GMT

"Marc Gluch" <marc.gluch_at_mindtap.com> wrote in message news:3b846a13.4005681195_at_news.grpvine1.tx.home.com...
> On Sun, 19 Aug 2001 21:19:11 -0400, "peter_douglass" wrote:
>
> >Let me ask you. Does a subtype, in your opinion, need to be a subclass?
> The over way around.

And that, in a nutshell, is the heart of the problem. I know I don't have the
"solutions", but I saw this issue debated back to 1987. It was an "atlantic" gulf. The Europeans were banging the type drum, and the Americans were honking the class horn. Both right, both lost without the other, both unable to make it across the ocean and put the two together in a theoretically palatable sense. Meanwhile, we're still stuck with only the latter to program with.

(Marc, I'll try and get back to our last post, but I haven't had the energy the last few days. I keep looking at it and hitting the "mark as unread" button. P.S. Your brother doesn't know what you're talking about either -- but he says you were always reading wierd math books at an early age :-) Received on Fri Aug 24 2001 - 08:04:34 CEST

Original text of this message